Sunday, September 30, 2012

Higher ground

If you're going to be hosting 235lbs of motor and transmission its a good  idea to have some leverage. Back in the day, if you need an engine hoist, you just stopped by Pep-boys and $20 you had one for a couple of days.
I'm not sure what happened; but auto-parts stores don't rent them anymore (to me anyways).
So I had to make a trip to "HARBOR FREIGHT AND TOOLS" the mecca of all things tools.  Had a couple of coupons so your price may very.
 So for about the cost to rent I bought a 400lbs electric hoist.

Home Depot supplied some plumbing parts.

By the way, a note to my Dad.  Sorry I kept screwing around with all your plumping spare parts in the garage growing up.  I didn't realize they were going to be part of your retirement plan.  You're looking at 7 parts that cost $40 dollars!  Made in China no less!

No comments: