Monday, April 18, 2011

Back to black

Black on black doesn't photo too well; but this weekend I got to work on putting the drive train in. Apart from the getting the transmission joined to the motor the whole assembly has to be mounted into the car. The rear will make use of the existing transmission mounts.
But the front of the motor has to be supported. So I'll re-task the forward engine mount.
But it had to be cleaned (which required it to be repainted as well).
I'm not sure where my hex-nut/allen 3/4 inch driver went, so the assembly hasn't been tighted up yet; but here's the dry fitting.
Does that look like 1.70" +/- .01 of an inch? Did I mentioned I can't find my caliber ether?

2 comments:

Peter C. Thompson said...

Be sure to spin-balance the motor with the parts on it. Otherwise it is extremely likely that you will have vibration. Most everyone that uses the EA parts for their 914 AC conversion have a bad vibration at 5k or so.

Joe said...

Yeah, as mentioned in my previous post, Electo-Auto now recommends doing that in the provided installation notes.